A twist to the traditional burger. Turkey on your grill is becoming so popular. This burger is not only delicious, it’s healthy too. Chocked full of protein and veggies, serve on a whole wheat bun or pita. A delicious and healthy burger. It’s a guaranteed hit for sure.
- 1lb Hayter’s Minced TURKEY, fresh or thawed
- 1 fresh egg
- 2 cloves garlic minced or (1 tbsp garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, or your favourite croutons, crushed
- 3/4 cup spinach chopped fine
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp black pepper
Method of Preparation
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well. Form into 4 patties.
- Make a slight indent or hollow in the center of each burger with a spoon. This will stop the burgers from swelling in the center so you don’t let out the juices by squishing it down while grilling. It will also cook burgers more evenly.
- Heat your BBQ to medium temperature. Turn once during cooking. Grill approximately 10 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165F (74C)
- Top off with swiss cheese, mayo, fresh Tomatoes, and arugula lettuce.
Make a slight indent or hollow in the centre of each burger with a spoon. It will cook the burger more evenly by stopping the burgers from swelling in the centre so you don’t let out the juices by squishing it down while grilling.