- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp milk or cream, divided
- 4 ½ cups cornflakes, crushed, divided
- 4 oz medium-hard cheese
- 12 6” bamboo or metal skewers
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method of Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 375*F
- In a bowl, mix the ground turkey, thyme, ¼ cup milk or cream, the onion, and ⅔ cup cornflakes; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide into 12 portions. Cut the cheese into 12 equal sticks and thread onto 12 skewers (if using bamboo soak for 30 minutes before using)
- Mold some meat around each cheese piece, shaping into ovals. Place the remaining milk into a bowl and the remaining cornflakes onto a plate.
- Dip each “pop” into the milk, then coat with the cornflakes. Place on a lightly greased sheet pan and bake in the oven until cooked through, about 12-15,inutes.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce