Large get togethers are popular in the Summer! When time is limited, this layered salad won’t go mushy so can be done hours ahead of serving time.
- 1/2 lb. (250g) TURKEY Summer Sausage, cut into 3/4 inch (2cm) cubes, or slices
- 1/2 lb. oven-roasted TURKEY breast, cut into 3/4 inch (2cm) cubes
- 4 cups (1L) romaine, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups (500mL) small broccoli flowerets
- 2 cups (500mL) cucumbers, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch (1.5cm) cubes
- 1 pkg. (250g) frozen peas
- 10 oz. (308mL) defrosted 3/4 lb. (375g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup (175mL) no cholesterol, reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup (175mL) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup (75mL) skim milk
- 1/4 cup (50mL) green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp (45mL) dill pickle relish, drained
- 3/4 tsp (4mL) dill weed
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) dry mustard
Method of Preparation
- In a 3 quart (3L) salad bowl, layer lettuce, turkey summer sausage, broccoli, cucumber, turkey breast, peas, and tomatoes.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, onions, relish, dill, and mustard.
- Spread dressing completely over top of salad to edges of salad bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
To serve, do not toss salad mixture together, simply soon salad onto serving plates
Serving Size 8
Nutrient analysis per serving: Calories 256; Protein 19 g; Fat 14 g; Carbohydrates 15 g.