Move over meat and potatoes, salads are no longer a side dish. This hearty salad is perfect as the main event. It is loaded with protein, vitamins and good fats. Tossed with a homemade Greek yogurt dressing for a nutritious and delicious salad.
Recipe source Canadian Turkey Farmers of Canada
- 1 cup (250 mL) TURKEY breast, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) Greek yogurt
- 2-3 Tbsp (30-45 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 5 cups (1.25 L) broccoli florets
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped celery
- ½ cup (125 mL) golden raisins
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup (125 mL) sliced almonds
Method of Preparation
- Whisk the yogurt, vinegar, canola oil, mayonnaise, and honey together in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, celery, raisins, turkey, bacon, and onions.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well to coat. Add the toasted almonds just before serving and toss gently to combine.
I like to use the Turkey Breast Schnitzel if I don’t have any cooked turkey available. It cooks up quickly in a fry-pan with olive oil, ready in 5 minutes