Enjoy this hearty soup with fresh French Bread, a glass of milk, and Voilà, all your food groups in one meal!
- 1lb Hayter’s 93% Extra Lean Minced TURKEY, fresh or thawed
- 3 T. Thyme leaves minced
- 2.5 tsp sage leaves, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 T fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup raw short-grain brown rice
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 4 cups water
Method of Preparation
- In a medium bowl mix the turkey, thyme, sage, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the olive oil. Place the onions, bell peppers, celery, and garlic in pot. Cook stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes, or until veggies are softened.
- Add the turkey, cook for approximately 10 minutes breaking up any chunks, until no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to low add rice, tomato paste, and water. Cook, covered on simmer, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.