Created by our own Dave Maguire, Hayter’s HACCP coordinator.
Use your favourite pre-marinated Fillet, pair with delicious Portobello mushrooms, and blue cheese ~ it’s an explosion of flavour! It is absolutely delicious on a Panini or with fresh pasta and grilled Asparagus.
- 2 Hayter’s Teriyaki or Honey Garlic Turkey Breast Fillets, thawed or fresh
- 2 Tbsp – Canola or Olive Oil, divided
- 4 Lg Shallots, diced
- Garlic (chopped or sliced – equivalent 2 cloves)
- 1/2 cup Red Wine, divided
- 4 Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 250 g – Blue Cheese, sliced or crumbled
- 4 Panini Buns
- Spring mix salad greens, garnish
Method of Preparation
- Peel and slice shallots fairly thin. Heat large frying pan to medium.
- Add garlic and shallots to frying pan, fry on medium heat until shallots become translucent.
- Add half of red wine and turn up the heat to high, flash fry for approx. 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and let ‘rest’.
- Remove stems from Portobello mushrooms, lay in frying pan top down. Increase temperature and fry on medium heat for 2 mins per side. Add remaining red wine and fry caps on high for 2 mins. Until mushroom tops “brown” up. Remove caps and set aside.
- Turkey fillets – slice them long ways in half, using a horizontal cut (butterfly)
- In the same pan, add 1 Tbsp. of Oil grill fillets on medium heat (approx. 4 min per side)
- Lay cooked fillets on an ovenproof dish, slice a Portobello mushroom cap in half, but ensure you hold your blade on a 40 – 60° angle when slicing.
- Slide the Portobello mushroom pieces along the cut, to cover the fillet. Add fried shallots and garlic to the top of the mushroom.
- Slice blue cheese or if already crumbed, add to the top of the mushrooms. Broil on high until cheese melts.
- Slice Panini bun in half, place the broiled fillet on one side of the bun, place spring mix greens on the other side of the bun.