A week night dinner made gourmet. Schnitzel is very versatile and can be used in many different dishes. In this recipe, the stuffed schnitzel, is visually pleasing when served sliced and your palate will agree.
- 4pcs fresh or thawed Hayter’s TURKEY Schnitzel, approximately 2lbs
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 onions, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 6 fresh mini portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup grated medium cheddar cheese, reserved
Method of Preparation
- Heat oil on medium in a frying pan
- Add onions and mushrooms, sauteed until limp, approx 3-4 minutes
- Add spinach, garlic, cheese, and cranberries.
- Cook until spinach is limp and cheese softened
- Flatten schnitzel by placing between waxed paper and flatten with rolling pin slightly. Take a healthy tablespoonful and put on the thinnest end of the meat. Roll up and place in a casserole dish. Spoon any remaining filling over top and top with grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes