Who doesn’t love Mac ‘n Cheese? Unfortunately, this yummy comfort food is high in fat and approximately 500 calories per serving. We have adapted an old time favourite to be lower in fat and calories and you get 2 servings of veggies, your dairy, fibre, and protein all in one guilt-free delicious meal. Ta Da! Turkey really does make it Super!
- 12 oz. raw Hayter’s TURKEY Breast Scaloppini
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 3 cups frozen cauliflower florets
- 4 1/2 oz. (about 1 1/4 cups) uncooked high-fiber elbow macaroni
- 3 slices 2% milk cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese, herb & garlic
Method of Preparation
- Season turkey with black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and 1/8 tsp. chili powder.
- Bring a large skillet, sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook Turkey for about 3 minutes per side, until cooked through. Cover to keep warm.
- Place cauliflower in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Uncover and stir. Re-cover and microwave for 2 – 3 minutes, until hot. Drain excess liquid. Mash cauliflower, return to the bowl, and cover to keep warm.
- In a medium-large pot, cook pasta per package instructions, about 8 minutes. Drain pasta and stir into cauliflower. Cover to keep warm.
- Add 1/8 tsp. chili powder, cheese slices, and cheese wedges to pasta and cauliflower mixture. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well. Microwave for another 30 seconds, or until cheeses have melted. Thoroughly stir to coat.
- Re-heat Turkey and slice into strips, and serve over the mac ‘n cheese!
Serving Size 4