Enjoy this tasty mild Enchilada with turkey. Spice it up with a shot or two of hot sauce or substitute medium salsa with Hot. Delicioso!
- 750ml/3 cups cooked Turkey breast, or 1.5lbs of Hayter’s Minced Turkey.
- 60ml/2 tbsp. coconut oil or canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can mushrooms or 1 cup fresh, chopped white or Portobello
- 500ml/2 cups medium salsa, divided
- 250ml/1cup black olives, sliced, (optional)
- 250ml/1cup Yellow/green peppers, chopped
- 3/4 pkg boxed cream cheese, cubed (tub kind is too runny)
- 1 clove of Ontario garlic, or 1 T minced jar garlic
- 2 cups grated, low fat sharp or old cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 medium soft tortillas or 4 large ones
Method of Preparation
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and saute onions and mushrooms until onions are limp.
- Add in cooked Turkey or if using Hayter’s minced turkey, following cooking instructions on the package.
- add 1 cup salsa and cream cheese. Gently stir until cheese is melted.
- Combine 1 cup of grated cheese with the mixture, stir until cheese starts to melt.
- Spoon some mixture in center of each tortilla evenly.
- Roll the tortilla’s up, loosely, and place seam down in a 9 x 13 greased glass baking dish.
- Top with remaining salsa and grated cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 20 minutes.
I wouldn’t recommend using a metal casserole dish, The acidity may cause the pan to rust.
I like to add black olives as well. If you like some crunch, I also add chopped yellow or green peppers.