A flavourful twist to the usual meatball sauce. Enjoy alone as an appetizer or as meal over rice!
- 1lb of Homemade or store-bought Turkey meat Balls. See Hayters’s Traditional Meatball recipe.
- 1 – 425gr (15oz.) can peach slices in juice
- 125gr(1/2 cup) sugar-free or low-sugar apricot preserves
- 125gr (1/2 cup) diced mangos
- 60ml (1/4 cup) apple cider vinegar
- 15ml (1 Tbsp.) hot chili sauce
Method of Preparation
- Cook meatball as instructed.
- Meanwhile, drain peaches and transfer to a blender or food processor. Add apricot & mangos. Pulse until mostly smooth.
- Transfer to a crockpot. Add all remaining sauce ingredients to the crockpot and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
In a hurry? Put frozen meatballs and prepared sauce in a casserole dish and cook in the oven at 350F for 1 hour or until sauce is thickened a bit.