Nothing says comfort food like meatloaf. Re-think the traditional meatloaf by trying our modern meatloaf recipe. No loaf pans required and such delicious ingredients – there is no need to disguise it! ~ Recipe submitted by Turkey Farmers of Canada
- 2pkgs (900g) Hayter’s Minced Turkey, fresh or thawed
- 1 cup (250 mL) soft bread crumbs
- ½ cup (125 mL) skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt1 tsp (5 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) dried oregano
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped sundried tomatoes
- 4 oz (113 g) cubed mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (125 mL) bottled tomato sauce of your choice
- ½ cup (125 mL) Panko or dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) ground parmesan cheese
Method of Preparation
- Soak bread crumbs in milk for 10 minutes. Gently squeeze out excess milk, and add soaked breadcrumbs to ground turkey along with eggs, salt and pepper, oregano, basil, garlic, and sundried tomatoes, gently mixing.
- Add cubed mozzarella and turn on to a parchment-covered flat baking sheet with 1” (2.5 cm) sides and form gently into a loaf shape.
- Brush the top with tomato sauce and sprinkle generously with crumbs and parmesan.
- Place in a 350oF (175oC) preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes or until topping is golden and a digital thermometer inserted into the meat measures 165oF (74oC).
Protein: 40 g;
Fat: 19 g;
Carbohydrates: 22 g.