My Rockin’ Turkey Burger is full of flavour and a favourite at our July 1st celebrations. I like to serve it on a onion bun or pretzel bun and side of coleslaw. You can add cranberry sauce to the recipe instead of on top if you wish. Either way is a tasty way to add some red to your Canada Day festivities.
- 2lb Hayter’s Minced TURKEY
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips (can use regular bread crumbs)
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic spice
- 1 Tablespoon Italian spices
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cranks of fresh black pepper
PauliAnna’s Must-Have Burger Topper:
- 1/4 cup Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayo or miracle whip
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic, fresh or jar
Method of Preparation
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl except the Burger topper sauce
- Form 6 Turkey Burgers, the press center of the patties slightly so the edges are slightly thicker. This ensures burgers are cooked evenly; the centre is cooked and the edges aren’t dried out.
- Preheat BBQ on medium heat
- Spray Burgers with cooking spray
- Grill 5 minutes each side, then additional 2-3 minutes each side, until juices run clear, I recommend using a thermometer. Insert through the side of the burger, not the top for an accurate reading. Internal temperature should be 165F/74C
- Add a dollop of PauliAnna’s Burger Topper Sauce & ENJOY!
Optional: Melt swiss cheese on top