A favourite Thai salad is the perfect fit to join lean turkey in a refreshing dish that is perfect for summer or anytime of the year.
Recipe Source: www.makesitsuper.ca
– 1 tsp (5mL) sesame oil
– 8 oz (227g) extra lean ground turkey
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tbsp (25mL) minced fresh ginger
– 1 tbsp (15mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
– 2 mangoes, peeled and chopped
– 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
– 2 tbsp (25mL) each chopped fresh cilantro or basil
– 2 tbsp (25mL) chopped fresh mint
– 2 tbsp (25mL) lime juice
– Pinch granulated sugar
– Dash hot pepper sauce
Method of Preparation
In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium high heat and cook, stirring often, turkey, garlic, ginger and soy sauce for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Remove from heat. In large bowl, combine mango, pepper, cilantro and mint. Add turkey mixture to bowl and stir to combine. Drizzle with lime juice, sugar and hot sauce; stir to combine.
Makes 4-1 cup (250mL) servings.
For a bold heat, add 1/2 tsp (2mL) Asian garlic chili paste to the salad.
Serving Size 2
NUTRITIONAL DATA: Per serving: About 179 cal, 12 g pro, 6 g total fat (1 g sat fat), 22 g carb, 3 g fibre, 37 mg chol, 408 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 6%, calcium 2%, vit A 8%, vit C 114%