About Hayter’s Farm
Hayter’s Farm is a family-owned turkey farm in Dashwood, Ontario that has been operating for 75 years with over 150 team members from across the Globe. Families have come to know and love our turkey products thanks to partnerships with major retailers like Farm Boy, Longo’s, and Hello Fresh. We are the only Federal establishment in Canada to raise, process, package & retail all in one location. Managing the entire process allows us to adapt, implement change, and create the best product.
As a growing, team-based environment, we value flexibility and ownership to do what it takes to get the job done. We celebrate small victories and move towards continuous improvement every day. We offer full-time, year round, stable employment, RRSP Matching and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Learn Health and Safety practices as well as Food Safety so you can feel confident doing your job
- Work as a team on the production line rotating through 6 or more workstations/day
- Handle knives and processing machinery to de-bone the meat and complete different cuts
- Complete quality inspections of the product
- Work alongside management to understand the importance of each task
- Follow company policies and procedures including proper Food Safety and the use of protective equipment
- Other responsibilities as required
***Hands-on training is provided for this position, no previous experience required******
- Ability to lift 10-30lbs repetitively as well as bending, stooping, and standing for long periods of time
- Knowledge and ability to follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Monday – Friday 6:50AM – 4:30PM OR Tuesday – Friday 7:50AM – 7:00PM some Saturday shifts required for our busy seasons ie; Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and vacation coverage. This schedule is subject to change due to production demands and emergencies.
Our company offers RRSP matching, comprehensive benefits, competitive wages and the chance to work alongside a passionate leadership team.
Apply today to learn more!
Hayter’s Farm is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.