Hayter’s Farm is a family-owned turkey farm in Dashwood, Ontario that has been operating for 75 years with over 150 team members from across the Globe. Families have come to know and love our turkey products thanks to partnerships with major retailers like Farm Boy, Sobey’s, Longo’s, and Hello Fresh. We are the only Federal establishment in Canada to raise, process, package, and retail all in one location. Managing the entire process allows us to adapt, implement change, and create the best product.
As a growing team-based environment, we value flexibility and ownership to do what it takes to get the job done. We celebrate small victories and move towards continuous improvement every day. As a truck mechanic you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of highway tractors, straight trucks, trailers, pick up trucks, reefer trailers, dump trailers, as wells as road vehicles (pick up trucks, shunt truck and trailers)
- Perform thorough inspections of vehicles to identify mechanical, electrical, and structural issues. Use diagnostic tools and your expertise to pinpoint problems and determine the appropriate repairs.
- Conduct routine maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid checks and replacements, filter replacements, and lubrication to ensure the vehicles are operating at optimal performance levels.
- Perform repairs on the following components (not limited to) – engine and transmission, break system, suspension and steering system, cooling system, tire maintenance, exhaust system.
- Keep accurate records of repairs, maintenance and inspections. Good written and verbal communication.
- Knowledgeable about safety regulations and standards specific to the commercial vehicle industry.
- Mechanical experience working on a variety of farm equipment is an asset.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Flexibility; must be comfortable with managing and adapting to multiple changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance under preset maintenance program to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly,
- Reefer trailer experience an asset
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Provide a clean driving record
- Valid Drivers license
- Previous experience with asset management software an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently
- Strong troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude
Monday – Friday from 7AM – 4:30PM some Saturday shifts required for our busy season i.e.; Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and vacation coverage. This schedule is subject to change due to production demands and emergencies.
Our company offers RRSP matching, comprehensive benefits, competitive wages and the chance to work alongside a passionate leadership team.
Apply today to learn more!
Hayter’s Farm is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.