Electrician – Industrial

Hayter’s Farm is a family-owned turkey farm in Dashwood, Ontario that has been operating for over 70 years with over 100 team members from across the Globe. Families have come to know and love our turkey products thanks to partnerships with major retailers like Farm Boy, Longo’s, and Hello Fresh. We are the only Federal establishment in Canada to raise, process, package & retail all in one location. Managing the entire process allows us to adapt, implement change, and create the best product.

As a growing, team-based environment, we value flexibility and ownership to do what it takes to get the job done. We celebrate small victories and move towards continuous improvement every day.

We are currently hiring a Full Time industrial electrician to support our processing plant. Here you would work alongside 5 Maintenance team members, sharing responsibilities and skillsets.

Key Responsibilities

As a hands-on environment, it is predicted that 80% of your role will be on the floor, ensuring efficient operation and responding to Production Supervisor needs. The other 20% will be completing administrative tasks of planning, problem solving and quoting parts.

  • Act as a support to the production team, responding timely to ondemand requests from the Production Supervisors to collaborate and solution production concerns
  • Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical equipment, including PLC and motor controls, safety sensors, drives, bearings and gears
  • Provide timely maintenance support for all entities under the Hayter’s Farm umbrella, including but not limited to, barns and employee accommodations
  • Collaborate with management and the maintenance team on upcoming projects and priorities, by sharing insights, taking feedback and meeting project deadlines
  • Complete preventative maintenance tasks on time, communicating with Production Supervisors to utilize planned downtime and our asset management software – Manager Plus
  • Assist with equipment assembling and disassembling to ensure timing production starts
  • Be a driving force for continuous improvement of existing equipment and processes to ensure full optimization
  • Make decisions inline with our company values of sustainability including reducing waste, increasing efficiency and installing energy efficient techniques
  • Collaborate with third-party vendors utilizing their industry expertise
  • Be a key stakeholder in implementing new equipment and processes to ensure appropriate parties are trained and the equipment is fully optimized


  • Certified Journeyman Electrician with 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment, food manufacturing an asset
  • Previous experience with asset management software an asset
  • Create, read, and understand electrical schematics, panel wiring and PLC ladder logic diagrams
  • Strong troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude
  • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and stay organized

Employee safety, animal welfare, production breakdowns or food safety concerns are always the top priority and require immediate attention. These events could result in extended shifts or after hours contact and call-ins.

Our company offers RRSP matching, comprehensive benefits, competitive wages and the chance to work alongside a passionate leadership team.

Apply today to learn more!

Hayter’s Farm is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.

Job Type: Full Time

Apply for this position

Drop files here or click to uploadMaximum allowed file size is 2 MB.
Allowed Type(s): .pdf, .doc, .docx