Hayter’s Farm is a family-owned turkey farm in Dashwood, Ontario that has been operating for 75 years with over 150 team members from across the Globe. Families have come to know and love our turkey products thanks to partnerships with major retailers like Farm Boy, Longo’s, and Hello Fresh. We are the only Federal establishment in Canada to raise, process, package & retail all in one location. Managing the entire process allows us to adapt, implement change, and create the best product.
As a growing, team-based environment, we value flexibility and ownership to do what it takes to get the job done. We celebrate small victories and move towards continuous improvement every day.
- Conducts pre-operational sanitation checks to ensure equipment is sanitized prior to operation start
- Monitoring product temperatures and quality and if necessary, applying corrective actions for any deviations
- Complete timely inspections to monitor quality, label accuracy and process deviations and accurately record findings
- Learn our HACCP program and utilize it for decision making
- Conducts lab analysis for e.coli and Salmonella
- Communicate with Production Supervisors and CFIA inspectors on any potential hazards or areas of concern and work collaboratively to come up with solutions
- Knowledge of food safety systems & good manufacturing practices
- Confident operation of an Apple IPad
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Effective communication skills, including conflict resolution, proven experience working with different levels of authority and diverse backgrounds
- Keen attention to detail and critical thinking skills
Monday – Friday 6:30AM – 4:00PM OR 11:00AM -8:30PM some Saturday shifts required for our busy seasons ie; Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and vacation coverage. This schedule is subject to change due to production demands and emergencies.
Our company offers RRSP matching, comprehensive benefits, competitive wages and the chance to work alongside a passionate leadership team. Apply today to learn more!Hayter’s Farm is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.