Hayter’s Farm is a family-owned turkey farm in Dashwood, Ontario that has been operating for 75 years with over 150 team members from across the Globe. Families have come to know and love our turkey products thanks to partnerships with major retailers like Farm Boy, Longo’s, and Hello Fresh. We are the only Federal establishment in Canada to raise, process, package & retail all in one location. Managing the entire process allows us to adapt, implement change, and create the best product.
As a growing, team-based environment, we value flexibility and ownership to do what it takes to get the job done. We celebrate small victories and move towards continuous improvement every day. We offer full-time, year round, stable employment, RRSP Matching and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Work as a team on the production line rotating through 6 or more workstations/day
- Act as a resource for consistent guidance, assistance, and feedback to the team, ensuring production goals are met, managing position rotations and appropriate break times
- Set a standard for high-quality products; leading by example, monitoring team members performance, and implementing appropriate actions to correct an issues
- Monitors staff adherence to company policies and procedures for example Food Safety and proper use of Protective Equipment)
- Responsible for new employee training to meet job requirements and ensure employee compliance with all company and regulatory requirements
- Complete accident reports and follow up modifications if required
- Communicate with Production Supervisors and CFIA inspectors on any potential hazards or areas of concern and work collaboratively to come up with solutions
- Others responsibilities as required
- Knowledge and experience working in Manufacturing an asset
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act as asset
- Effective communication skills with a team-focused attitude
We are currently hiring for two shifts, please let us know which you prefer:
Tuesday – Friday 7:50AM – 7:00PM OR Monday – Friday 6:50AM – 4:30PM
Our company offers RRSP matching, comprehensive benefits, competitive wages and the chance to work alongside a passionate leadership team. Apply today to learn more!
Hatyer’s Farm is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accomodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.