Hayter’s Farm is a family-owned turkey farm in Dashwood, Ontario that has been operating for 75 years with over 150 team members from across the Globe. Families have come to know and love our turkey products thanks to partnerships with major retailers like Farm Boy, Longo’s, and Hello Fresh. We are the only Federal establishment in Canada to raise, process, package & retail all in one location. Managing the entire process allows us to adapt, implement change, and create the best product.
As a growing, team-based environment, we value flexibility and ownership to do what it takes to get the job done. We celebrate small victories and move towards continuous improvement every day.
We are hiring Full-Time General Maintenance team members to support our processing plant.
- Assist the Production Leads with the daily functionality of the department by supporting the production line to ensure optimal performance.
- Respond to emergency calls, for all areas under the Hayter’s Farm umbrella including but not limited to production, barns and employee accommodations
- Perform general upkeep of the production plant and farm
- Troubleshoot and solution gearboxes, belts, heaters, conveyors, plumbing, issues etc.
- Keep and follow a schedule of items that require daily and/or periodic attention using our asset management software – Manager Plus
- Assist with equipment assemble and disassemble, including evisceration preparations
- Oversee compliance with company policies and standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery
- Organize and tidy tools and inventory, ensuring efficient ordering of parts and adequate supply of parts to avoid breakdowns
- Experience working in a production or manufacturing facility an asset
- Construction, Plumbing, Refrigeration, Electrical, HVAC or Welding experience an asset
- Previous experience with asset management software an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently
- Strong troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude
Employee safety, animal welfare, production breakdowns or food safety concerns are always the top priority and require immediate attention. These events could result in extended shifts or after hours contact and call-ins.
Monday – Friday from 9AM – 6PM OR Thursday – Monday 10AM – 8PM some Saturday shifts required for our busy seasons ie; Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and vacation coverage. This schedule is subject to change due to production demands and emergencies.
Our company offers RRSP matching, comprehensive benefits, competitive wages and the chance to work alongside a passionate leadership team.
Apply today to learn more!
Hayter’s Farm is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.